Racing Welfare currently provides two types of mental health courses.
Find out more information below to help you decide which course is best for you.
Half Day – Mental Health Awareness
An introductory course designed to increase mental health awareness and give an understanding
of how to look after well being and challenge stigma. When you complete your course you will get a
certificate of attendance and a manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
Two Day – Mental Health First Aid
A practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- – A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s well-being, including your own
- – Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- – Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- – Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- – Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
We aim to run these courses across the country on a regular basis. If you would like to keep up to date with our course date and information please sign up here.