The biggest cycling challenge of the year!
Be part of an incredible journey cycling the length of the country over 5 days, raising vital funds for Racing Welfare to support racing’s workforce.
The ride will start at Carlisle Racecourse on 17th August and finish at Newton Abbott Racecourse on 21st August, covering around 100 miles a day. Along the way, there will be beautiful scenery, great camaraderie, and a glimpse of the Tour de Yorkshire routes ridden by the Pros.
Both the start and end of the ride coincide with race days so participants will get a roaring send-off and warm welcome at either end of the event. Sign up for an unforgettable bucket-list challenge and we’ll provide everything you need to make it a first-class experience – whether you go it alone or team up with friends. All the funds you raise will help us meet the growing demand for support for racing’s workforce, whose dedication and commitment makes the sport possible.
August 17th – 21st 2021
Cost per person:
- Entry Fee: £250
- Minimum Sponsorship: £2,000
Included in your Package:
- – 6 night’s twin room en-suite hotel accommodation
- – 5 breakfasts
- – 5 excellent picnic lunches
- – Refreshment stops in the morning and afternoon on each riding day
- – 5 x 3 course evening meals
- – Guided riding on your choice of 1-2 routes each day
- – Guides at a ratio of approx 1 pie guide to 10 cyclists
- – Support vehicles with bike spares, med kits, water, etc
- – Tour leaders in charge of the logistics of the ride
- – Medics x 1
- – pie water bottles
- – Safe storage of bikes overnight
- – Amazing sites of Yorkshire from the manmade such as Ripon Cathedral and Bolton Abbey, to the natural such as Brimham Rocks and Malham Cove
- – 2 route options per day with Tour de France climbs
- – Cragg Vale – Britain’s longest continuous ascent
- – Visit to the heart of British Cycling – the Manchester Velodrome
- – The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ironbridge
- – The Forest of Dean
- – Cheddar Gorge
- – Excellent accommodation
Find more information on the route here.
I am looking forward to taking part in the Great Racing Welfare Cycle because having worked in racing for over 10 years now I am fully aware of the tireless work Racing Welfare do and have done for the racing industry. 4 of us were looking at doing a similar ride over the summer for charity however when we heard about this we could not wait to sign up because we knew that it would all be planned and executed correctly. Over the next few months, it will give us all a goal and we all know how important keeping busy and working towards something is especially in the current climate. It would be great if we had a massive team to head up to Carlisle and be together throughout the ride.
– Sam Davies-Thomas
To register your interest for this event email Naomi on firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the form below.