We know that the last year has put a financial strain on many families. As such, we are pleased to announce the launch of our Spring Family Support grants which aim to help racing industry families who are feeling the pinch.
WHAT ARE THE GRANTS FOR?
Racing Welfare will award ‘Family Support’ grants to those who currently work (and/or who have lost their job/work due to Coronavirus) in the thoroughbred racing and breeding industries and who have dependent, children (up to the age of 18 years). This grant is awarded:
- To assist with additional expenses caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- To prevent financial difficulties for families with dependent age children. All awards are discretionary.
HOW MUCH WILL BE AWARDED?
Grants will be awarded at £100 per child (up to 18 years) to a maximum of 4 children per family.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Spring Family Support grants are available to anyone currently working in the thoroughbred racing and breeding industry who has dependent children
- Parents must be working or be self-employed in the industry for a minimum of one year, or have lost their job or work or be on furlough, within the last year
- Total household net income must be on or below the Joseph Rowntree Minimum Income Standard and be in receipt of Child Benefit
HOW TO APPLY
Call Racing’s Support Line which is available 24hrs a day, 7 days per week on 0800 6300 443.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Grant applications will close on 7th May 2021 (or sooner if all available funds are used before this date)