Our Safeguarding Statement of Intent
Racing Welfare takes the safety and protection of children, young people and adults at risk very seriously. We believe that it is unacceptable for a child, young person or adult at risk to experience harm or abuse of any kind and recognise our duty to safeguard the welfare of all children and adults at risk who may become involved with Racing Welfare.
The welfare of a child, young person/adult at risk is paramount. All children, young people and adults at risk, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
We will seek to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk by:
• taking all reasonable and practical steps to provide protection for children, young people and adults at risk who become involved with Racing Welfare;
• challenging conduct that is, or might be, harmful to children, young people or adults at risk;
• ensuring that everyone at Racing Welfare is aware of their safeguarding responsibilities and high standards of behaviour expected. Failure to comply will be addressed swiftly and may result in dismissal/exclusion from the charity;
• taking all allegations of abuse seriously and responding swiftly and appropriately in light of the circumstances of each case;
• supporting all of those involved in safeguarding cases, in particular any affected children, young people and adults at risk, their families, and those who report concerns to Racing Welfare;
• sharing information to the fullest extent possible in order to protect children, young people and adults at risk from continued harm/abuse and ensuring that such communications remain confidential;
• referring cases to the police, social services or local authority to take appropriate action, involving parents and children where necessary.
Click on the link below to read our adult and child safeguarding policies: