24hr Support Line 0800 6300 443
3 August 2021

About Housing Benefit

If you are on a low income or on welfare benefits you may be entitled to help with your rent.

If you need help with your rent and live in social housing you may be able to get help by claiming Housing Benefit. Click here and enter details of where you live. This will take you to your local authority website where you can find out more information and see if you are eligible for help.

If you intend to rent in the private sector you would get local housing allowance rather than housing benefit, click here to see the rules for claiming this allowance.

If your current home is at risk because you are having financial problems paying the rent or mortgage you may be able to sort things out by seeking advice from Racing Welfare.

Our advisors and Welfare Officers are here to offer you support and advice if you need help or information on housing benefits.  All advice is free and fully confidential.

Get Support Now

Racing Welfare’s 24 hour support line enables people to access support and
guidance through digital and telephone options.

Related Articles