Join us LIVE via Zoom for Aperitivo time as we dig beneath the fizz and the froth of Prosecco hosted by Prosecco DOC’s UK ambassador, Neil Phillips aka The Wine Tipster.
The UK’s most popular Sparkling Wine has become synonymous with joy, celebration and ‘La Dolce Vita’ (the good life). We spend more on Prosecco in the UK than any other Sparkling Wine and this informal and fun virtual tasting will reveal the secrets behind Prosecco’s success.
Discover the latest from the Prosecco DOC in North East Italy as you taste your way through two delicious Proseccos from different producers, featuring one brut and one extra dry Prosecco with Neil.
It gets better… the two wines for this tasting, worth over £25, will be delivered to your door for free! To qualify however you must live within a 50 mile radius of Oxford (see below for more details).
You’ll learn about the different styles of Prosecco including spumante, frizzante and colfondo and Neil will explain what’s going on in the region including:
- – Aperitivo Time
- – The stories behind the featured producers
- – Organic Prosecco DOC wines and Prosecco DOC wines suitable for vegans
- – Sustainability in Prosecco DOC
- – The recent launch of Prosecco DOC Rosé, which is now on the shelves!
- – The new Zero and Extra Brut categories
- – Visiting Proseccoland, the producers and staying in Treviso, the home of Tiramisu.
The tasting will also be packed with tips on how to pair Prosecco with food during Aperitivo Time. To accompany your tasting & complete your evening we recommend you have to hand:
- – Some Antipasti – Parma Ham/Prosciutto, Salami Milano and Napoli, Pepperoni
- – A chunk of Grana Padano cheese
- – A slice of your favourite pizza – veggie pizza pairs particularly well
A must-do tasting for any fizz fans!
Tickets are priced per device. Up to 4 people per device. Two bottles of Prosecco will be delivered free of charge to Racing Welfare supporters living within a 50-mile radius of Oxford on Wednesday, March 10th and Thursday, March 11th. An over 18-year-old will need to be at home to accept the wine delivery. Unfortunately, we cannot deliver wines outside of this catchment area.
All bookings will need to be made by Friday March 5th. Once you have booked we will follow up with an e-mail requesting your delivery address details.
Places: Limited to 30
Date/Time: Friday March 12th 2021 at 6.30pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
Venue: Your home via Zoom
Event Price: £25 (including Prosecco, £5 without)