Our online ‘Adult Mental Health Aware’ half-day course is designed to raise awareness of mental health in the racing industry.
The course covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- Basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Gaining confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
The course, which is available to anyone working in the thoroughbred racing and breeding industry, will be delivered online via Zoom with a range of content including group discussions, exercises, slides and videos. Attendants will need a good internet connection, as well as a camera and microphone on their device. Once you have registered online you will receive a Zoom link at least one day before the course is scheduled.
The maximum number of people per course is 8 and we can only register 2 people from an organisation on each course. The course lasts for four hours with a couple of breaks included and costs £25 per person. Courses close three weeks before the scheduled date to allow time for the posting of books; these will be posted directly to each registrant’s address.