An introductory course designed to increase mental health awareness and give an understanding of how to look after well being and challenge stigma.
This course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
The course is 3hrs long, running from 10am to 3pm, with an hour lunch break in the middle.
The places are limited to 2 per organisation. We reserve the right to refund/transfer if more than 2 book.
NB: Please be aware that this course is quite intensive and can draw on own personal experiences. If you or family members/close friends have had any lived experience in this area, it may raise issues for you. However, this course is not about resolving personal issues – so it is important to consider this carefully before committing yourself to the course.