A Charity Race Exclusively for Stable Staff
30th August 2019
The opportunity for stable staff to have the chance to ride in a race at Thirsk Racecourse and raise money for Racing Welfare.
Entries are now open for the Creditas Taking Care of Business Stable Staff Stakes at Thirsk Racecourse.
About the race
- One mile on the flat with a flag start
- Run in ‘hands and heels’ style
- Twelve riders
About the rider
- Nominated to ride by the trainer they work for and ride a horse currently in training with them
- Over 16 years old
- Riders must be in current employment as stable staff of registered training yard and must NOT have ridden more than three winners under rules or have held a professional apprentice and conditional licence within the past five years
- Pledge to raise a minimum of £250 for Racing Welfare to be eligible to ride in the race
Download the application form here.
Applications must be received by Friday 26 July.
For more information contact Jessica Leighton on the form below.