Online MHFA England Course – 4 live sessions spread over 2 weeks
Course Details – September
- Live session 1: Tuesday 20th September – 10:30am – 13.00pm
- Live session 2: Friday 23rd September– 10:30am – 13:30pm
- Live session 3: Tuesday 27th September– 10:30am – 13.00pm
- Live session 4: Friday 30th September- 10:30am – 13.00pm
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an accredited training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
- You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill-health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
- You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
- What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma and discrimination in the world around you.
Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- An accredited MHFA certificate
- MHFA logo to add to your email signature
- Access to Racing’s Support Line for support and advice
- Posters for your workplace
The Online Mental Health First Aid course is interactive and is delivered through slides, video clips, activities, discussion and case studies which you will explore as a group to embed learning.
Please note that the individual learning activities are mandatory and require between 1-2 hours of self-learning ahead of each live session.
- This course is made up of both individual learning activities and a series of live sessions. Individual learning will be based on a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading. This can be done at your own pace in advance of each live session. The live sessions are led by one of our approved MHFA England Instructors.
- Attendants will need a good internet connection, as well as a camera and microphone on their device. Once you have registered online you will receive your course manual and workbook approximately 10 days before your course starts, together with details on how to access the online learning hub Enabley, which gives you information about how to attend live sessions, how to access the video library and complete activities, as part of your individual learning. The link to the online learning platform Enabley will be available at least three working days before Live session 1 in order to complete your individual learning prior to the first session.
The maximum number of people per course is 12 and we can only register 2 people from an organisation on each course. The course costs £80 per person (this course, usually £300, is subsidised by Racing Welfare).
Courses close three weeks before the scheduled date to allow time for the posting of books; these will be posted directly to each registrant’s address.