Mental Health First Aid Course – Cheltenham Racecourse
Course Details – July
- Session 1: Tuesday 12th July– 9am – 5pm
- Session 2: Wednesday 13th July– 9am – 5pm
- Location: Cheltenham Racecourse
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an accredited training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
- You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill-health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
- You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
- What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma and discrimination in the world around you.
Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- An accredited MHFA certificate
- MHFA logo to add to your email signature
- Access to Racing’s Support Line for support and advice
- Posters for your workplace
- MHFA Manual
- MHFA Workbook
The maximum number of people per course is 12 and we can only register 2 people from an organisation on each course. The course costs £80 per person (this course, usually £300, is subsidised by Racing Welfare).
SEE MORE INFORMATION AND T&CS HERE